Click here to Enjoy Live SHARE MARKET Commentary and for NSE & MCX
Market is place where exchange of goods and services takes place between buyer and seller, similarly stock exchange is a market where stock transaction (goods or services) are exchange between two individual.
The National Stock Exchange of India Limited (NSE), is a mumbai-based stock exchange.It was incorporated in November 1992 as a tax-paying company. In April 1993, it was recognized as a stock exchange under the Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956.
It provide facilities which serve as a model for the securites industry in terms of trading system,practises and procedure.It has been set up as public limited company owned by the leading financial instituions,banks,insurance companies and other financial intermediaries of india, but its management and ownership are seprate entities. NSE is stock exchange in india where membership on an exchange also meant ownership of the exchange and management is under the control of Board of Directors.The day to day management of the Exchange is delegated to the Managing Director who is supported by a team of professional staff
NSE DEALS IN:
- NSE uses satellite communication technology to energies participation from around 400 cities in India
- NSE the first exchange to trade ETFs(exchange traded funds) in India
- NSE can handle up to 1 million trades per day.
- It is one of the largest interactive VSAT based stock exchanges in the world.
- The NSE- network is the largest private wide area network in India and the first extended C- Band VSAT network in the world.
- Presently more than 9000 users are trading on the real time-online NSE application.
- In ,march 2006,NSE had a market capitalization of 4,380,774 crore
- It covers more than 1500 cities across India
- Futures and Options
- Retail Debt Market
- Wholesale Debt Market
NSE offers trading of a variety of types of securities, including equity, corporate debt, central and state government securities, commercial. NSE specializes in three market segments: wholesale debt, capital market (automated screen-based trading system), and futures and options (derivatives paper, and certificates of deposit).
Branches of NSE located throughout the country, which gives flexibility to its member to transact from place of their own choice trough on-line screen operation and electronic clearing and settlement. It because of this reason NSE becomes the third largest stock exchange in the world in terms of volume of transaction.
Chairman and Managing Director: Ravi Narain
Director, Operations and Surveillance: M. L. Soneji
TO Know About our Packages Click here
Click here for Indian stock market tips